Friday, January 4, 2013

Food Journal Summary

On Tuesday I started a strict primal diet, and I'm keeping a regular food diary on my food blog.  For the next few weeks, I'm going to do a weight loss weekly summary...unless I forget and stop.

So this week, being a pseudo week one I started the week off with shame.  I stepped on the scale for the first time in about a month.  I never completely went off the primal diet.  I still stayed away from grains and legumes, but I didn't keep my sugars and carbs in check and I gained some weight back.  Ten pounds actually.  Hard cider and chips.  It's my weakness.

Back on the wagon though, as of the first with the goal to loose 30lbs.  So here's what I ate starting on Tuesday:

Tuesday:
Breakfast -- 2 cups of coffee with a dash of half and half in each.
Lunch -- 1 bratwurst, side salad with home made garlic balsamic vinaigrette
Dinner -- Chicken quarter with roasted carrots, and a side salad.

Wednesday:
Breakfast -- 2 cups of coffee with half and half, 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch -- Chicken quarter with roasted carrots (leftover from last night's dinner)
Dinner -- Turkey Hash with a side salad

Thursday:
Breakfast -- 1 cup of coffee (Turkey hash leftover for brunch)
Lunch -- Shredded Turkey and salad.
Dinner -- Deer Chili

Friday:
Breakfast -- 2 scrambled eggs, topped with chili and avocado slices 2 cups of coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
Lunch -- Taco salad (or chili salad)
Dinner -- Roasted chicken and salad


This week was a great start with a 4 pounds lost in 4 days.  I'm sure most of that was water, but I'm still encouraged and hope it's a continuing trend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails