Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sweet Corn Bread

Quick post today. Here's my yummy recipe for sweet corn bread. It's a hit with my kids, and it gets in those veggies.

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour (all purpose would work too)
  • 1 cup yellow corn meal
  • 3/4 cup sugar (or less to taste)
  • 1/4 cup frozen corn
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • squish of honey

    Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9 inch cooking pan. Combine all ingredients and cook for 30 minutes. For a softer bread, soak the cornmeal in the milk/oil for 10 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.

    Serve warm with butter, and it reheats wonderfully in the microwave. Enjoy!!

     
    Posted by Picasa


  • 5 comments:

    1. This is a good one! Chopped or minced onion also goes very well in cornbread!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm always looking for a good corn bread recipe - thanks for sharing! I'll give it a try ;)

      KristinK

      ReplyDelete
    5. This didn't last long, it was so sweet it was more of a dessert, but I think it would go well with some chili. Sometimes I add jalepenos to my cornbread but that tends to make it less kid friendly. =/

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails