Monday, March 16, 2009

Cheap Dinner

So I talked beans last week and how cheap they are. I also had posted a slow-cooker recipe for refried beans because cans are scarey. These beans were better then any I have had in a can, and probably cost less then a dollar to make. One onion, 2 cloves of garlic and only one cup of dried beans was enough to feed my husband and I twice.

 



We made wet burritos that were inspired by the happy housewife who's blog I LOVE. I didn't have any enchilada sauce, so I improvised with mexican rice mix, and made the sauce and just poured it over and baked it.

 
Posted by Picasa




We reheated the rest of the beans tonight over tortilla chips, and the beans were even better. I can't recommend this recipe enough. It fed us twice in two days, and was insanely cheap, and healthy. More later, try this if your in a pinch. It was really easy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails