I recieved a flyer today while at church that I feel I should pass along. They recieved this information from Green America.
Simple things you can do today to reduce your energy usage.
1. Turn off lights you are not using (duh! Even your mom told you that one!). 2% energy savings.
2. Clean coils on refrigerator and freezer. 4% energy savings
3. Don't heat or cool empty rooms.
4. Choose air-dry on your dishwasher. 5% savings
5. Turn off electronics when not in use, like tv's, computers, etc. 5% energy savings
6. Unplug appliances that are not in use.
7. Wash clothes in cold water. 7% savings
8. Hang clothes on dryer rack or clothesline. 10% energy savings.
All in all, this can reduce your energy savings by 1/3rr, and reduce your over all carbon footprint by 8960lbs.