Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Return of the list

So for my hundredth post I wrote a list of things I wanted to do before I die. I have an update on that list, because I have some things to cross off! :)

First one I can cross off this year is #30.  I had my portrait painted!

A friend of mine is a casual artist (she doesn't even call herself an artist, she paints just for the enjoyment).  She honored me earlier this year by putting a photo of my son and I onto canvas.  The original photo was taken in 2003 just after I brought my son (turning 8 in a few days!).  It was taken late at night by my dad.  I was just a new mother trying to figure things out.  The only instructions I think we're ever given by the divine for parenting is simply to love them.  Standing there holding him at that moment, that was all I knew how to do.

Anyway, here is that portrait and one of the things I can cross off my list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails