Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Banana Bread



We love our bananas in this house, but there always seems to be a few that get too ripe. Or, my mom ends up bringing me hers that she didn't get to. One or the other, I find my self often with almost all black bananas, perfect for banana bread.



I found this banana bread recipe a while back, and have made it a few times. If you like a sweet bread dessert, that's not entirely unhealthy for your kids, I wholeheartedly suggest this.

Here are a few tweaks I've made:

3-4 Ripe Bananas (I don't use organic here)
1/3 cup melted organic butter
1 cup organic blond sugar (we like it sweet!!)
1 beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (please don't waste your time with fake)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup wheat all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unbleached white all-purpose flour

  • Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
  • Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. I use a potato masher here.
  • Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
  • Add the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
  • Add the flour last.
  • Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
  • Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails