Friday, May 31, 2013

Primal No-Sugar Chocolate Ice-Pops


It's been getting warm out...really warm out. My daughter has been pestering me for chocolate ice pops, and I couldn't find any recipe that looked good to me.  I have issues with using raw eggs to get a creamy smooth texture, especially since bananas do it so well, and sweeten things a bit, too.  So I threw this together, and it was super good, and even the kids in the neighborhood liked it.  If you're not doing milk, a can of high fat coconut milk would be a good substitute for all the milk and cream.




Directions:

  • 3/4 cup of milk 
  • 1/2 whole cream (or skip all the cream and milk and use 1 can of full fat coconut milk)
  • 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • a sprinkle of salt

  1. Put everything in a blender, and mix it well.
  2. Freeze for at least two hours, really does well after 4 hours.
  3. Enjoy!!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails