Monday, December 21, 2009

Almost!

Well, Christmas is almost here. Sadly this season has been only filled with stress. My husband hasn't snagged a job yet. It's sad to say, but people drag their feet. Companies take so long to bring people on, he's been interviewing with one company in particular for over a month, and we just had word they wouldn't be making any more decisions until after the new year. So that's almost six weeks my husband has been unemployed.

I've begun my job search too. Talking to old employers, and applying for teaching positions. Sadly it's hard to find a teaching position in the middle of the school year. Bad timing for me I suppose. Luckily, we have supportive family and friends. We'll pull through, it just might take a while. So, when people ask if the economy is better. Perhaps for some it is, but for us, no it's definitely not. I'm hoping this Christmas will continue to be wonderful. We have our health, and we still have a roof over our heads. We have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails