First, you need a simple syrup recipe, and I lucked out and found a honey simple syrup right here. I use this instead of sugar.
Green Momma's Mojito: aka Melissa's Mojito
My friend Melissa introduced me to the mojito. She grows her own peppermint and it's hilarious to
- Lots of fresh mint, smashed up in a mortar and pestle. A small handful should go into your glass.
- Simple Syrup to taste (really, to taste because some like it sweet, some don't)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of soda water.
- 2 shots of good rum, or less...or more!
- Add a slice of lime, and enjoy.
The recipe really is that simple. The joys of it being that simple is that you can make more easily after you've already had one or two. Trust me.
My margarita isn't sugar free. It's because I'm lazy. My husband makes these margaritas, but like any good wife, I'm calling them mine.
Put all that in a blender, and don't skip the salt. So good.