Friday, March 15, 2013

Two Easy Grain Free St. Patty's Day Drinks

Being on a primal diet beer is out.  Sorry Guinness.  I have alternatives!  Before you read any further, I am fully aware that these drinks are not Irish in anyway shape or form.  They're green though, so there. In my house this is just an occasional treat for us...it's so easy to go overboard.  Have fun this weekend, then tuck this away for your summertime barbecue.




First, you need a simple syrup recipe, and I lucked out and found a honey simple syrup right here. I use this instead of sugar.

Green Momma's Mojito: aka Melissa's Mojito

My friend Melissa introduced me to the mojito.  She grows her own peppermint and it's hilarious to stumble walk out to her garden after we've had a few to get more peppermint to make more! Anyway, her recipe is devine.  Here's how she does it.




  • Lots of fresh mint, smashed up in a mortar and pestle. A small handful should go into your glass.
  • Simple Syrup to taste (really, to taste because some like it sweet, some don't)
  • 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of soda water.
  • 2 shots of good rum, or less...or more!
  • Add a slice of lime, and enjoy.
The recipe really is that simple. The joys of it being that simple is that you can make more easily after you've already had one or two. Trust me. 

My Margarita:

My margarita isn't sugar free. It's because I'm lazy. My husband makes these margaritas, but like any good wife, I'm calling them mine.



  • 1 shot of Tequila 
  • 2 shots of Triple Sec 
  • 1/2 cup of ice
  • 1/2 cup limeade (We use Simply Limeade)
Put all that in a blender, and don't skip the salt. So good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails