Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Garden Update

The garden is up and moving lately. It's been fun this month seeing what will pop up, especially since this is my first spring here at this house.  Let me show you some of the things I've found and what I'm trying to identify.



This first lovely purple thing is a bush.  It's directly next to the window that is next to my computer and I smell it ALL DAY.  It's beautiful, and it makes my house smell lovely.  I don't know what it is, but it has beautiful little purple trumpet shaped flowers all over it.  I'm in love with this one, I hope it blooms all summer long.



This one I did recognize as bleeding hearts.  I feel lucky to have one of these, I know in Virginia at least they are expensive and hard to get.  I'm delighted to have it growing in my garden.


A few weeks ago I posted pictures of a beautiful blooming tree.  Now said tree has fruits growing on it, and I'm not sure what they are.  I'm thinking they are pears.  I hope they are pears.  How nice would it be to be able to can pears this summer and fall.  This would be a real treat to us.


This is another flowering, fruiting tree.  I'm guessing it's an apple tree, I should have tried to get a shot of the leaves too, but I"m pretty certain about this one.  I'm thrilled that I"ll have two fruit trees at my disposal, even if they are a little young and small.  Next week I"ll let you know how the veggies are coming along.  I don't have anything to harvest yet, but I may be able to have some lettuce by next week.  Let's hope so!





2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails