Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Garden Update

It's a little sad honestly, to see this post from last year and how my garden exploded this week into full growth.  My garden this week, is just barely getting started.  Sunday I noticed I finally had some lettuce sprouts.  I planted them almost three weeks ago, and I was beginning to wonder if they were going to come up at all.    I had also planted some cauliflower, which may have also come up.  They need to grow a bit more before I can figure out what is what.  I forgot to label. ;)



The blueberries are doing well, however I was dissapointed to find spittle bugs on them already.  I pulled off the very small infestation, and will probably make the repellent recipe that is linked here.  For now they've been hosed down, and I"ll keep an eye out.  Anymore spittle bugs, and they get garlic...and tons of it.


There are some peas that I planted mid-March on the equinox.  I did it to bring in spring, and I finally transferred it out to the garden.  In all honesty, I wasn't sure if pea transplants would do well.  I've heard they don't, but this one seems to be doing alright.  I may try this technique next year as well, especially since this growing season starts so late.   


The tomatoes I planted a few weeks ago are doing fine.  Maybe I"m just being impatient this year, I don't know.  I usually put these puppies in the ground by May 15th.  I may put the larger ones I bought at the store out and cover them when it dips too cold, but these guys I think are going to wait until labor day.  I love Colorado, I really do.  I think my garden here though is going to be quite a challenge.  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails