Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just for fun, New Year's Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I went to a spiritual retreat this year. It was eye opening, and amazing.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did! I will be making more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister-in-law had her sweet baby Bo this passed September. My best friend is about to pop too.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank the gods.

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed home this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Well, I'd like my husband to have a job. So, security, that's about it.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't have a date, but November was a sad month. That's when my husband got laid off, and I knew our life would never be the same.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My biggest achievement was being brave enough to home school my son. It was a difficult decision, and I went with it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I feel like I've made some bad decisions in the passed that have made my life harder then necessary. I don't want to go into details, but, I'm trying to remain positive and learn from my mistakes.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing substantial.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
We bought a new van over the summer. Well, new to us van, it's a 2007. We needed it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My children, just for being awesome.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
At times, my own.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, and bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I can't say that I really looked forward to much this year. It's been a tight year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I'm a musician, I think there are many songs that will remind me of this year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I'm happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? poorer



18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Growing more vegetables, and storing more.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Feeling down. Last winter was rough.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Chillin’ at home.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Over and over again.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Taps!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Hate is a waste of time and energy.

24. What was the best book you read?
I have read so many books, but I have to say my latest was probably one of the best. I started George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones trilogy, now working on the second, Clash of Kings.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm, I'm a musician and have been for my entire life. It's hard to discover new stuff at this point. I guess if anything, Leonard Bernstein's Chichester Psalms was a new peice I played this year, and loved it immensely.

26. What did you want and get?
A happy healthy family.

27. What did you want and not get?
More cash flow.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Up was cute, Harry Potter was pretty good.



29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31, and I think I just had a nice day with my family.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my husband didn't get laid off, that would have helped tremendously.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Sweatpants rule. Hey, just keeping it real.

32. What kept you sane?
My kids. They are the brightest spot in my life.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm a pretty big fan of Virginia's senator, Jim Webb. Him and I seem to have a lot of the same priorities.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The bailouts were annoying and ridiculous. No one is bailing us out, and we're falling. The health care debate is annoying too. We need some kind of change, and I wish people would stop being blind to that. Propaganda is pretty lame too. I don't think people realize how brainwashed we are.

35. Who did you miss?
My best friend. I wish she lived closer.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a ton of great women at the spiritual retreat I went to. Awesome awesome women.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I learned that life is like a game of chess. If you want to win, you need to learn to look a few moves ahead. Make wise choices.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm not sick but I'm not well, and I'm so hot, because I'm in hell!! Ok, I'm not in hell, but still. ;)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails