Sunday, January 17, 2010

Decluttering and Making Cash too

With the likelihood of us having to move here in the very near future, I've started de-cluttering and trying to sell some odds and ends around the house. A few weeks ago I sold our family room entertainment center on craigslist. Hopefully craigslist isn't something new to you, but if it is, just check it out. It's basically a free classified website. Jobs, furniture, everything.

This week, I dug through some of my crafting supplies and made an Ebay listing of some of my old soap making stuff. My best friend had given me all this stuff a year ago when she was de-cluttering. I enjoyed making soaps, and even gave some as gifts. It was a quick fix for my creative energy. Sadly, I don't have time to make things like I used to, so it was one of the first things I was willing to let go of.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get enough to pay for some groceries in the next few weeks so I don't have to dip into our savings. Yard sale season is coming up too, and flea markets around here are big business. This coming spring I plan on doing a local flea market for a few weeks just to get rid of more stuff. It's likely I'll have about half the amount of square footage I have in our current house. So...it's time!! Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails