Thursday, July 25, 2013

No Sugar Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette

After the stress of moving I've needed to clean out my diet.  Less hard cider, more salads. The stress of this move helped me put on five pounds, and I don't want my salads to be the same old boring salads.  I've always found that when I make my own dressing they taste so much better.  I had been craving a Jalapeño Raspberry Vinaigrette and I couldn't find a primal/paleo recipe anywhere so I made one up myself.  It was so good I had to share it with you.  If you like a sweet/spicey combo this one is for you. You should know, this recipe does not store long in the fridge.  Make small batches!





  • 1/2 cup raspberries
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 of 1 jalapeño (or 1/2 if you want it really spicy)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt




  1.  In a blender mix raspberries, your bit of jalapeño, and your garlic clove.  Pulse until they are well blended. 
  2. Add in oil, honey, vinegar and salt.  Blend again until you've reached your desired constancy. 
  3. Chill in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavors blend, best if used within 24/48 hours. 
  4. If you need it to last in the refrigerator for more than two days, add a tsp of organic lime juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails