Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

My mom is in town this week, and I haven't been cooking very much. She loves to go out, and she loves to spoil us by taking us out for dinners. I've had lots of stuff going on in my personal life lately, if you're curious I encourage you to click the blue botton on the right to my more personal blog. Anyway, I have some things to throw together for quick meals if need be, this is very much a convenience food type of week. Here's some fall back plans for dinner if we decide to stay in.


1. I bought a few simmer sauces from Seeds of change Specifically their Korma is my absolute favorite. Make some rice, cook some chicken and simmer for a few minutes in a sauce pan and I have a very easy dinner. It's not the cheapest, the bottle costs about 4-5 dollars at the store, depending if it's on sale or not. But it's good, oh so good, and the kids like it too.
2. I still have a few jars of last summer's tomatoes in the cupboard, so it's likely that spaghetti may end up on the menu if necessary this week. I always have garlic on hand, so home made garlic bread could also be a fall back option. Throw some mushrooms and onions in those tomatoes along with oregano and a dash of red pepper seeds, and YUM. Love love love...
3. I still have some sausage leftover from the sampling of Applegate Farms I received a while back. So throwing together breakfast might be an option too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna check out that sauce as I'm always looking for a way to disguise chicken. Know what you mean about being busy, eeesh, where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails