Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I think October is my favorite month.  My favorite foods are ready to harvest, the trees are beautiful, and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  This month has been so incredibly busy already, and I'm just happy as a clam.  I love cooked squash, carrots, parsnips, apples, spice cakes...I'm in heaven.



So here's to being green, and having a menu plan that rotates with the wheel of the year.


Monday: Apple and Sausage Pie
Tuesday: Cream of Mushroom Soup and home made bread for dipping.
Wednesday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with bacon and pear
Thursday: Slow cooker Chili and corn bread
Friday: Home made pizza
Saturday: Leftovers or take out
Sunday: Roasted Chicken with taters and carrots.


Fun fall snacks:
1. Acorn Dough Nuts which will have my own added style of being completely home made.
2. Baked Apples with apples from my friend's tree! :)
3. Maple Butter Spiced Popcorn

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails